Here are Concussion Canada’s 5 Tips to prevent a head injury this spring.
The long Canadian winter is about to break, and spring is around the corner. This spring many accidents will happen and what you do preventatively can have a big impact on your safety and well being. Traumatic brain injuries and concussions occur in many cycling, skateboarding, scooter and roller blading accidents. Here are 5 Tips that can make a difference and help prevent a head injury this spring.
- Where a properly fitted helmet. Helmets save lives but only if they fit securely and are rated for the activity you are participating in.
- Obey the rules of the road. So many times, people fail to obey the traffic signs and signals putting themselves in jeopardy.
- Check your board, bike or scooter before you ride. A poorly inflated tire can spell disaster on the road.
- Be visible. If you are riding at night, it is important to wear proper reflective clothing so other vehicles can see and spot you in the distance.
- Go hands free. Listening to an iPod or texting while riding is a big distraction.
Being cautious is never a bad thing when it comes to your safety.